Board Member Application
Novus is a registered charitable foundation that seeks to foster vibrant faith in society by providing financial support to schools, parishes and faith communities engaged in creative ministries of evangelization and religious education in southern Alberta.
The Novus foundation was established 40 years ago by the Knights of Columbus in Calgary. In a recent past year, the current name ‘Novus’ was adopted. Last year, Novus entered into a long term relationship with St Mary’s University to provide $2,000 annually to assist Religious Studies students with tuition costs.
We are seeking to raise the profile of the foundation and increase the contribution Novus makes to our faith community. Adding to the Board is one of the steps on this journey.
Board members are volunteers committed to the Catholic faith.
They can draw on but are not limited to the following areas of expertise in fulfilling their responsibilities:
• Public speaking
• Written communications
• Fund development
• Knowledge of the educational system and methods
• Developing contacts with Catholic spiritual and lay leaders and educators
• Investment portfolio management
• CRA regulation of charitable organizations
• Website operation and graphic design
• Electronic / Social Media communications
• Alberta Societies Act governance – paralegal and legal